Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Countdown is starting...tomorow

Hello whoever you are and wherever you are,

I promised you that I would give you an account for what made me ultimately decide to go ahead with a very invasive procedure such as liposuction. Well very simple: I am unhappy with the way my body looks. Now do not get me wrong. I do not feel ugly. In fact on a scale from 1-10 I would happily classify myself (depending on the day of the week, the amount of beauty sleep I had the night before and whether my hand was steady enough to draw a nice upper eye line) anywhere between 7 and 8. Also my husband keeps on telling me that I am beautiful the way I am. In fact when I began talking about wanting this procedure he tried rather hard to talk me out of it and so did most of my close family. I believe the only one who could understand why I want to have lipo done is a very good female friend of mine. Why does she understand me and, oh dear, oh dear, support me in this...well because she herself is battling with her body and the image she has of it. I know that liposuction is not the solution to all my self-image problems and I am also aware that it will certainly not resolve any psychological issues I might have. I know that I will not wake up looking like 'The Body' Elle McPherson.
So what is it you might wonder, and honestly so did I for quite some time, what it is that I expect to look like and more importantly feel like after my procedure. Well honestly the potential of a simply 'leaner' version of me. I have no ideal weight, but I guess when I weighted 65kgs I was at my physical best. I do not expect to actually feel any different after it than I feel now....at least this is what I hope. But in the weeks to come I will write more about this aspect of things.

Now to something I have been both avoiding looking let alone share with anyone for a LOOOONNNNGGGG time, but I guess it is rather quintessential for me to keep track of in the time to come and certainly of interest to you, in case you are thinking of engaging in a similar road than me.

My current Measurements

Today I actually climbed on the scales, which I had left untouched for so long, that they needed battery replacement. How embarrassing, especially given the fact that I have one of this really spiffy TANITA scales that can do almost anything, bar making a cappuccino. I believe last time I stood on them I got such a terrible shock that it took all my might and a thought about the price I had paid for it, not to throw the thing out of the window. See I have never been a thin girl, in fact I can remember one time, when I was around 12. My family and I were in a restaurant and I really wanted to finish my desert, but my mum told me off and said that I was to big as it is and I did not need the desert. Now you might think that this was rather cruel of my mum and yes I guess it was. But she did not do it to hurt me, it was simply her way of trying to stop me from over-eating.  I think she would be mortified to know that I still remember this incident and it has shaped my attitude to food every since. You must also know that from my looks I am the total opposite of my French mum. You see my mum is the quintessential Parisian woman. Petite with hazel eyes, dark hair, always well-dressed (she will not be seen dead in track-suit pants even if she only has to duck out to get some milk) and most importantly not a gram of fat on the wrong curve . Since she was 18 her  ratio was  90-60-90, in other words the quintessential Marilyn Monroe figure. She only ever put on weight was when pregnant with one of her three children and within a year she had regained her figure again. Now at 62 years of age, her body still rivals that of women 30 years her junior and she certainly still looks better in tight clothes than I ever did.

So how do I look like...well I take after my Germanic father. I am rather tall and broad. Never had  real waist and certainly since my son was born even this shadow of a waist has gone for good. In fact I have been told not too long ago that I have the figure of an athlete...a Russian female shot put athlete that is. Well at least on one point this person was right, I do like my sport, especially weight lifting and jogging. If I stay too long sedentary I do get nervous. Really I look much more like the German input than the French one, but this might also be a boon, in that my dad has not only given me his looks, he also gave me a great skin tone and elasticity, which mum does not have. So I am hoping that my skin will be able to snap back onto a more slender shape without too much problems. But then again who knows...

But here is what you might have been waiting for:

Height: 172 cm or 5'6''
Weight: 77.7 kg or 171 pounds (arrgh)
BMI: 26, which puts me into the overweight category as unfortunately the healthy BMI for an adult is between 20 and 25. For older Australians over the age of 74 years, your general health may be more important than being mildly overweight. Some researchers have suggested that a BMI range of 22-26 is acceptable for older Australians... so if I was about 40 years older I would not be overweight. Oh well.
Bust: 103 cm
Waist: 80 cm (hey here at least I am not in the unsafe category yet)
Hip: 105 cm
Arm: 32 cm

I will update these measurements on a weekly basis for the next 7 months, so that there is a record of the hopefully positive progress. I think I should also keep record from now on of  a) what I have eaten/drunk during the day and b) how much exercise I did too . I will also keep track of the things I will do to
maximise as much as possible the results of the liposuction itself, e.g. if I had massage etc.

Today's Food

I had to fast in the morning. But at lunch time I had a chicken vegetable soup with salad (greek, mushroom and bean). Dinner was some thick bolognaise sauce (I do not eat pasta or wheat in general because I am wheat intolerant, which was diagnosed 2 years ago and after this I lost about 10 kgs, going down to a low of 67.8 kg's but it slowly crept back on unfortunately) and three slices of gluten-free pizza, which I love. It is rather tough for me, as for the majority of people I know, to adhere all the time to healthy eating. I know I should not eat certain things and still I do...sugar for example. I know I am a sugar addict, I crave the bloody stuff and I know how terrible it is for me and know how much better I feel when I do not touch it for a while and nevertheless I often cannot help myself eating it. But at least I have stopped putting it in my tea or coffee..I guess this is a start.

Today's Exercise

Sorry to myself...today I did none. Excuse: I had to have blood taken as part of the pre-op procedure (you are being tested on stuff like coagulation, that is how well your blood clots, which is important for scarring) and after this I really felt rather sore in my arms (I had both pricked...ouch!) I'll make up for it tomorrow though =)
 
Have a good night or day wherever you are and smile, its the best way to show life your teeth!
Yours Dotti :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment